Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Here we go again...

I guess this is just a funny reminder of how when you think you have things figured out... life sometimes throws you a curve ball.

I guess the search continues.

I received a note from Jan at Dillon.  As previously mentioned, Ms Park requested that KAS (Korean Adoption Services) do another search on my birth mother with the limited information they have.

Apparently they found a woman matching the name and birthdate and sent her a telegram. The woman's husband signed for the telegram.  (see the update below)

While this update was a surprise for me... my first thought is with this woman.  Whether or not she is my birth mother... I hope the telegram did not create a rift in her life/marriage.  Ironically today I celebrate 14 years of marriage with my husband.  I hope she is in a strong marriage. I've heard too many stories of women who have lost everything when their husbands find out about the unknown child that was adopted out.  Again...this brings shame into a household.  My head is full of questions now.  I wonder if she'll ever even see the telegram.




Dear Ms. Dunn,

As you know that Jennifer visited Eastern on Oct. 8th.  She was with her friend (Korean adoptee) and friend's birth family members.  While Jennifer did the file review, her friend was there as well.  I explained her what has been done regarding the birth search and I told her that I asked KAS to re-try to search the birth mother.
I have received the reply from KAS this week.  I've got the one woman's registered address who has same name and same birth date as the birth mother.  I haven't confirmed yet whether she is the right person who we are looking for since the name is quite common for her age.  At the time of Jennifer's birth, the birth mother lived in Seoul.  But this woman lives in Gyeongsangbuk-do which is more than 3 hours away from Seoul to Southeast.

I have sent the telegram forward to the address I've got from KAS, and the mail man said that the husband received it.  His name is different as the birth father in the file.
I hope the telegram will pass onto the woman who we want to contact and will be able to hear back from her.   I will keep you updated on this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Park, Yoon-kyung

ESWS


I guess the search continues...and we wait.  But, this time my heart is a little more guarded.

Love and Joy,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment