Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 1 - Saturday 10/5 (arrival)

I'm not sure if I was more excited to land because I was excited to be in Korea or if I was just happy to be on land. That was a long travel day. 



(beautiful sunset to welcome us to the Motherland)

I only slept for maybe an hour on the flight. I think I was too excited for the journey to begin. 

Noel's family met us at the airport. It was a beautiful reuniting for them and I was honored to witness such love. 




After we all got loaded into multiple vehicles, her oldest sister (Kun Unee), her husband (Kun Hyun Bo), and her 2nd oldest sister (Chagen Unee) took us directly to get fitted for our Hanboks for the the wedding. We tried on a few before they were happy with the ones they picked out. They decided to go with the more traditional Korean Hanbok. 



And just as if they knew me already...it was pink. ;)


After we rented our Hanboks in Incheon we drove to Seoung Nam where we are staying with the oldest sister and her husband (also the parents of the bride) and they made us a wonderful spread of food. 

Koreans are very hard working people and you'd think this was for a special occasion but all meals include many "side dishes" and different foods. 


This picture was actually taken before they put down the main dishes. I was in heaven! Chop Chae (noodle dish), Kim Chee...soooo yummy!

My husband would have a hard time with breakfast as all meals are similar to this. There are not specific foods that are special for each meal. It's anything goes with Korean meals. I've always been a person who could eat spaghetti for breakfast with no problems...I now know why. :)

We finally laid down to sleep around 11:30pm or so. 

Day1...though long...amazing. 

I find myself just closing my eyes and trying to try hard to remember everything ...the sights, smells...experiences. 

Love and Joy,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment