Monday, October 7, 2013

Day 3 - Monday 10/7


Today was a rest day. Well, it was supposed to be, but our little 4 yr travel-mate decided to wake up at 3am. Oye. ;)  It's a good things she's so stinking cute.

We hung out until early afternoon and then Chagen-opah picked us up and took us in to Inchon for lunch. 

They brought out a small burner and a pot with broth and fresh seafood and veggies. The seafood included: clams, shrimp, octopus, crab legs, and snails. 

Noel told me her first trip out she told herself she would try everything presented to her. And she did. And some of the items she was most hesitant to try are her favorite Korean foods. I loved her idea and decided to follow suit. 

Um. Until today. I just couldn't pull of the snails. I tried. I really did. I ate around it trying to get myself pumped up for it, but I just couldn't. It just looked too much like a snail. Ohma pulled it out of its shell and  put it in my bowl. It kind of taunted me the rest of the meal. I did eat the octopus and I pulled the head off the shrimp and ate that so I think I should get half credit, don't you say? ;)


(Chagen Opah, and Ol-kay)

(silly Danielle)

After lunch we were in the same boardwalk area that we had dinner last night so we walked down for a little bit. 

Some people were feeding the pigeons and seagulls so they kept circling around in hopes that they would get some food thrown out to them. 




It was overcast but still a beautiful day. 

There is such a sense of peace and tranquility here. In all honesty it is going to be hard to leave. 





After the board walk we went back to Seoung Nam and ate dinner and then packed fresh clothes for our overnight stay at the Grand Hotel in Seoul. 

(The blur in the picture is Danielle. He doesn't sit still very long usually. :)

We arrived at the hotel around 9:15pm. It's very nice and has a western bathroom. I can't believe I haven't written about this sooner...but Korean bathrooms are very different. The shower area is in the same space as the toilet and sink. Imagine a sink and toilet in your shower. Yes, everything gets wet. It's a trip. Kari had actually warned me about this before my trip and I have to admit...it's been a teensie (ok, a lotsy) source of anxiety for me. But, though it's very different...it works and wasn't as traumatic as I had imagined. LOL

(Korean bathroom)

Tomorrow I have my Korean file review at Eastern at 10am. It is supposed to be with Ms Park (the person who has been communicating with my contact at Dillon in Tulsa). Hopefully we will all sleep well tonight and be rested for this meeting. I don't think I can pull off another 3-4 hour nights sleep. 

I'm hoping for a few extra pieces of information. Wish me luck. :)

Sweet dreams!


Love and Joy,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment